Sunday, July 12, 2009

Angels Among Us

I had a mini collage class this weekend and it was really fun. We learned all sorts of techniques for building up layers of color and design. You can even use elmers glue to create a crackle effect with paint - I had no idea and thought that was cool. The photo that you see here was created by using what we learned.I had no idea where I was going with it so I just moved with the flow. There wasn't enough time to do a finished piece but I was lucky enough to have time to play with it at home. I am not sure if it is finished - we shall see.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Cutie-pie girls! Love what you did with this. It flows quite well. Care to share your Elmer's glue story with us? I use Elmer's gel glue to make my faux batik flags. Learned about it from here.
http://thatartistwoman.blogspot.com/2008/09/how-to-do-fall-glue-batik.html

Elizabeth said...

OOO! Pretties!

Kaycee James said...

I love it!

Unknown said...

Denise ..

It is adorable sweetie...good to always try new things.

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

3rdEyeMuse said...

sweet little angels - the background is especially yummy!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Deb, Elizabeth, Kaycee, Sonia, and Michelle! My first love was drawing and painting so it was great to make this.
Deb, here's the Elmer Glue trick: Take Elmers glue and spread it out on your paper (we used watercolor paper). Fingers work great for spreading. While the glue is still wet apply your paint on top. If you apply the paint in different directions your crackle effect will be more random (which I like). Let dry - or if you are impatient like me you can use a heat gun, embossing gun, blow dryer, or whatever to speed up the drying process. The drying is what makes it crackle.
Now - go make some crackles and post those results (grin)!