Sunday, October 26, 2008

Awww... It's good to be Creative again




I had a small burst of creative activity this weekend and it feels so good! I have decided to call these little items "Bead-Lings". Of course that's just the broader category. What you see in the picture is a Bug-Ling, a Fae-Ling (2 of those because I love the simplicity of just the antique look with no color) and a Pod-Ling. I have a sample picture of how one might use these little beads. I am happy with how they came out.
Now for pricing - ugh it's a tough subject. These look simple but boy do they take some time to make.
Each piece is hand formed and detailed. I carefully poke the hole and bake on batting so I don't upset the patterns on their bodies. For the dragon flies I poke little holes in the head for the antenna. After they cool I begin the paint job with the antique finish going on first. Now it's dry time and time for me to have some tea... :o).
Ok, all the little "Lings" are dry and now I get to add some color! I got a bit crazy with the color but it was very fun. Dry time again. After checking to ensure they were dry I began to pick out bead colors to go with each one. I used copper wire and strung 'em up. Each accent bead was made in the same way as each Bead-Ling.
Drum roll please... it's time for the photo shoot. I love and hate taking the photos. It seems like it takes me FOREVER to get a decent image. You know, the kind I see in my head but it doesn't happen that way on the camera? LOL
The above image is the best I could do for the finished group shot. The detail shots that I require to post them in my Etsy shop are still in the works. I am thinking I will have them up before the end of the week though. Not to mention I have about six more sets to paint. When I get on a roll I really get on a roll!
Oh, about that pricing. I was thinking $25 for one. It would include all the beads strung on the wire with the Bead-Ling. What do you think? Your thoughts are most welcome and thank you!


4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love them and that's a fair price.

Lisa said...

I agree, I think they are fabuling-ling and $25 is a fair price for your artistic time and orignal thought!

moxylyn said...

I *LOVE* them!

Kaycee James said...

$25 seems fair to me and they soooo cute!