Tuesday, November 22, 2011

From my own collection

In very rare instances, I find it hard to part with something I have created. Below are three such items from my private collection.
The first item is called Peace. She was created back in the 90's using translucent polymer clay along with some embossing powders kneaded into the clay to create her stone look. She has a vintage glass leaf embedded over her heart and she is holding a dove in her outstretched hands. Both the leaf and dove were used in order to symbolize peace. She is about 4" tall and 1" in diameter.
The next two items were also created around the same time frame but are more like a human zuni fetish. I used polymer clay and a polished stone with a sharp edge to shape them. I call them Singing Mothers. They each have a hole in their bellies to place the tiny babies in which makes it look as if they are cradling them while they sing them to sleep. To me they carry an ancient and tribal feel which I find very appealing. Some of the photos give you a good idea of just how small they are.










I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my older work here today. :o)

4 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

Ohhhhhhh
I understand why you couldn't part with them!
:) - Cindi

Unknown said...

:o) Thanks Cindi!

Unknown said...

These are so precious!
I especially love "Peace"! If I ever make any clay dolls, this is the kind I would want to make. Have you considered starting an online workshop to teach doll making?

Unknown said...

Hi Lucy, thanks for the wonderful comment. I will definitely consider your suggestion for an online workshop. Great idea!